The Talon House

Pearls of Wisdom

TalonRider

I thought I would share some of this with everyone here. This comes from another forum I belong to and was started by one of our members here at the other forum. I hope he continues with it here.

Thanks,

TalonRider

The Term "Pearl of Wisdom" comes from my mom. Anytime she whould offer me advice or give me her insight, she would call them "Pearl's" reminding me that the wisdom and advice should be treated as a valuable treasure, Just as if it were a real Pearl. She also raised me to understand that sharing the "pearls" given to me need to be shared with others.

This may seem far too presumptuous of me but Becouse of things that have happend in my life the last few weeks I have decided to post the bits of wisdom I have learned by myself, shared to me by others, and all other Pearls of Wisdom. Also Please Feel free to leave your own Pearls.

Much of this wisdom/advice will be aimed at happy men/teen's becouse that is what I am. If some or all of my Posts offend you I make no apologies, Some of the "Pearls" i will post you may not totaly agree with and I might not agree with them but even advice we do not agree with has the power to teach us about ourselfs.

So here it go's Take the Pearl's or leave them.

If people dislike you because your happy, its their problem. Refuse to let them make it yours.

-Don't coif before your workout.

-Turn your love for men into art. Where do you think Michelangelo's David came from?

- Be a good uncle. Every child needs a happy role model.

-If your drunk, stay away from places that pierce or tattoo.

-Doubt is a thief that often makes us fear to tread where we might have won.

-If you have an important point to make don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. then hit it a third time.(Winston Churchill)

-If your neckline is lower then your nipples, don't bother. You're wasting cloth.

-Beware of People who think your happy becouse you haven't found the right woman....Particularly beware of a woman who thinks she might be the right woman.

-If someone assumes your straight, it's not your obligation to come out to them. It's your choice.

-Before you criticize queens, fairies, or someone who acts "too queer," consider where we'd be without them.

-When Dating, do everything you can to keep the game-playing to a minimum. Once you instigate the game, someone's going to win and someone's going to lose.

-Never dress more flamboyantly than Liberace.

-Loosen up. Being masculine doesn't mean being a statue. Wrists were made to bend.

-Being a happy man does not mean ignoring the other gender. Let women into your life.

-If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

- Before you lend your boyfriend money, consider this formula. Maximum money you'll lend pere month should equal the lesser of (a) the amount you can afford never to see again or (B ) your monthly income, divided by 100, times the number of years you've been together.

-Straights are often uncomfortable with public displays of our affection. Don't censor your behavior because of their insecurities, but still be respectful.

-When hugging a guy you like, let him let go. If he doesn't let go, it could be the start of something beautiful, or at least steamy.

Edited by TalonRider

-As Gay men we have all been the victims of unjust Stereotyping, Don’t continue the injustice by Stereotyping others by a group. As a Great Irish Thinker once said

“He Who judges by the group is a F**k Wit.”

-Violence is the sign of temporary weakness. (Jean Jaures)

-When your not sure if hes gay:

*Ask him how many times he's seen[/i]The Wizard of Oz. Over 6 times as an adult, add 3 gay probability points. If he starts reciting key scenes verbatim, add 10 gay probability points.

*Check if he showers at the gym facing the wall or back to the wall. Back to the wall, add 2 gay probability points. facing the wall, subtract 2 points.

*CHeck out the tattos. Zero tattoos= no change in gay probability. A tattoo with a butterfly or flower, add 1 gay probability point. A tattoo with a woman's name, subtract 3 gay probability points. A tattoo with a man's name, add 20 gay probability points.

*Ask him if he's read Kitty Kelly's biography of Nancy Reagan. If he's read it, add 1 gay probability point. If he liked it, add 2. If he can quote from it, add 5.

-Ways to deal with a woman's come-ons: out yourself, avoid eye contact, RUN.

-Mothers, Fathers, veterans, Presidents and even groundhogs have holidays. We deserve them, too. Celebrate gay and lesbian national holidays- National Coming Out Day, Gay and Lesbian Pride Week. They'er ours.

-Try wearing 501 jeans without underwear. This is known as freeballing.

-When in Atlanta, check out the drag shows. Nobody does drag like a Southern Queen.

-Find a doctor you trust enough to be candid with. A doctor won't be much help if you have to hide things from him.

-During a workout at the gym, wipe your sweat off the pad after finiching with a machine.

-No matter how strong the attraction, never attempt to pick up an on-duty police officer.

-Learn how to laugh off verbal abuse.

-Learn when something's too abusive to lauch off.

-Take an AIDS activist out to lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

-The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. (Thomas Macaulay)

-Do somthing for somebody every day for wich you no not get paid.

-Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

-It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. (Agnus Ripplier)

-A man takes a drink, the drink takes another, and the drink takes the man.

-If you see a guy being bashed, don't look the other way. If you can't safely help him, call the police and get reinforcements.

-Learn self-defense.

-Get tested for HIV. Knowledge does equal power.

-Go to the Gay Games at least once, whether you're a sports fan or not.

-If you choose to be monogamous, know that keeping a sex life exiting can be difficult-but it can be done. Be prepared for an exciting challenge.

-Never read your boyfriend's journal.

-Have pride, but also have the humility to admit when you'er full of hot air.

• 2 weeks later...

-The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out. (Thomas Macaulay)

-Do somthing for somebody every day for wich you no not get paid.

-Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

-It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. (Agnus Ripplier)

-A man takes a drink, the drink takes another, and the drink takes the man.

-If you see a guy being bashed, don't look the other way. If you can't safely help him, call the police and get reinforcements.

-Learn self-defense.

-Get tested for HIV. Knowledge does equal power.

-Go to the Gay Games at least once, whether you're a sports fan or not.

-If you choose to be monogamous, know that keeping a sex life exiting can be difficult-but it can be done. Be prepared for an exiting challenge.

-Never read your boyfriend's journal.

-Have pride, but also have the humility to admit when you'er full of hot air.

-Don't flirt with a woman who thiks your stright. It's a mindfuck.

-Never seduce a guy who doesn't want to be.

-Always help a person comming out. Until society changes, we all need guidance.

-Take precautions against insects when having outdoor sex.

-Take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves. (Lord Chesterfield)

-The time which we have at our disposal every day is elastic; the passions that we feel epand it, those that we inspire contract it; and habit fills up what remains.

-Does't thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.(Benjamin Franklin)

-May you Live all the days of your life.

-This time, like all times, is a vary good one, if we know what to do with it.

-Define your anniversary- the day you met, your first date, the day you made a commitment.

-Write your elected officials and let them know how you feel.

-Think twice-no, three times- before agreeing to let a man you're attracted to move in as your roommate.

-Cast your vote. Never be afraid to stand with the minority when the minority is right, for the minority which is right will one day be the majority.

-It is the character of a brave and resolute man not to be ruffled by adversity and not to desert his post. (Cicero 78 BC)

-Don't leave an outgoing message on your aswering machine that you wouldn't want your grandma to hear.

-All the worlds a stage. Dress the part you are playing.

-Dress against type. It Keeps them guessing.

-Don't use your roommate's condoms. Few things are worse or more dangerous then being revved up, then finding your roommate's used all your condoms.

-When you ignore the above, replace the condoms you barrow. Within twentyy-four hours.

-If your boyfriend asks you to hold him, don't ask why. Just do it.

-Some Men will lie if they want to get laid badly enough. Beware. Always assume your partner is HIV positive.

-If you hang out with your friends only in bars, you'll never really get to know them. Go someplace where you can talk easily.

-If you want to fall in love, focus on being lovable.

-When on your first few dates with a man, don't bring up your 'EX'-boyfriends unless the guy specificlly asks. He probably doesn't want to know.

-Try saying hello to a cute guy without checking out his basket. Just once

Edited by TalonRider

• 6 months later...
Never ask someone how they are doing if you don't plan to stay for the answer.

clapsmiley[1].gif

Agreed 100% - This is the reason why 99.99% of all people here in Germany (and also in other european countries, answer to Brad's statement by people from Poland, Finland, France, Iceland,...: "OH yes!") consider Americans superficial. Of course our Business English teacher defends this since he originally comes from Indiana (and has been living over here for 20 years) by saying It's just a way to be nice; do you expect everybody to tell your life history or to have a medical check-up before giving the answer?

No of course not but if we don't want to know how somebody is doing then we simply say Hi (which can be done in a nice way too). And yes, we are confused when Americans start rolling their eyes when we truly tell how we are doing (why ask a question when you know the pre-defined answer "I'm fine, thanks." anyway?) And of course we do not tell our life's history when being asked.

Edited by ShiningKnight

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.

Behind every successful man, is a surprised mother-in-law.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness, didn't know where to shop.

Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.

Most people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them!!

Forgive your enemies but remember their names.

-----

Please don't take these statements too seriously, maybe they even belong to the joke section. Jan, if you think so feel free to move this post.

• 4 months later...