The Talon House

Just wondering

pietro

I can tell you that Silver is about three pages as a word doc using standard size font. Gold, historically, has been one page. Since I've not seen it yet, I can't say how long it will be. So there could be a chance that both Interlude chapters will be posted together, but don't hold me to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done final edits on all the elemental interludes except Gold, which I'm still waiting on. We got through all the edits on chapter 45, the first chapter back in the 'present time' and it's a doozy. You're gonna love the answers it provides.

cheers!

• 2 months later...

We seem to have another long hiatus in prospect. We are now entering the second half of the educational year in most of Europe ramping up to the end of year/final exams, and I suspect that doesn't bode well for progress.

Again I would say I hope all is well in Icaria.

I've not heard anything from Jamie in some time. I did send him an email earlier this month when I received some spam. I had advised him it appeared someone had hacked into his email and changing his password should do the trick.

Well, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best that it is not for a 'bad' reason. If I recall correctly there was a hiatus of over a year first time, presumably when Jamie.wri was doing his final year. Perhaps he is doing a Masters or taking another qualification now.

• 4 months later...

I've noticed the same thing, but also noticed that there are several new stories on the list which would explain "Scrolls" getting pushed off of the bottom.

As much as I would love to see "Gold" and "45" posted and the story continued, Jamie's well-being (both mental and physical) is more important.

I figure that if I can wait patiently for a year for a new chapter of "Kandric" to be posted, I can wait patiently for anything new for "Scrolls" to be posted.

RL does have that nasty habit of showing it's ugly face from time to time.

It was Dude's decision to remove the Scrolls from the story page after six months of inactivity. The story is still available tho by going to the authors section and clicking on Jamies name. When there is finally a new chapter to post, it will reappear on the list.

I've still not heard from Jamie. I need to try again.

• 4 weeks later...

After an issue brought to my attention, I sent it on to Jamie in the hopes of getting an answer. I'm going to post most of it for you. There is something there not for public knowledge just yet.

Yes I did get your first mail and I've been meaning to get in touch with you, but life has really been keeping me busy.

I'm sure you're aware of the various financial crisis here in Europe. It something that's a serious problem and top priority in the EU and it's certainly impacted me and my work.

I've been a pretty busy guy for some time.

I have been working here and there on Scrolls. In fact I'm hoping to take some time this summer to do a few more chapters. I'd really like to get Book 2 finished.

The weather here isn't so good. Last summer we really didn't have a summer. Unfortunately I don't thing we'll have a very good one this year also.

I won't be coming over to the USA this summer, I might make a trip at the end of October into the beginning of November.

If I get some things accomplished I'll send them to you. My hotmail was hacked into and I changed the password, but then it happened again so I think I'm giving up on it.

I really haven't used it for a long time now.

Take care, have a good summer and I'll try and keep in touch.

The reason for the mention of my first email is I know that sometimes Spam can stop it and sometimes people don't think to check the Spam folder.

Well it is good to know he is alright. Things just aren't going great for him right now. We all have those times. This too shall pass I am sure. I just hope it is sooner than later. As do many I am sure. But most of all, I hope things get better for Jamie quickly.

Thanks for passing it along Jan.

Ciao

• 2 months later...

It's been awhile since I've done any updating.

Over the weekend I sent an update to Jamie on something that I'd told him back in June about a policy change in the sick day payout at retirement from my employer that stood to screw me and a lot of others.

Interlude 7 Gold is on hold for the moment. He's gotten a section of it done. As you know also, Chapter 45 has been written. Jamie has chapter 46 written and is working on chapter 47. Most likely, Book 2, Part 4 will end with Chapter 50. I get the impression that these final chapters will not be released for posting until these last few chapters are done and ready.

Well, good news in a way. Perhaps he is doing a 'Kyle' and waiting to make it a Christmas or New Year present.

Doing a Kyle? I'm missing something here.