The Talon House

The Interludes.

TalonRider

I thought I'd list the interludes in a new topic. I'm giving a brief description of what each is about.

Interlude the First.

Iron - We first learn about Galen Sharp and the Church.

Bronze - We get our first glimpse into General Zakaria after Jamie's escape.

Silver - This is our introduction to Lan Aldorian and the glowing rod.

Gold - Our introduction to the Hall of Archives.

Interlude the Second

Iron - More on Galen Sharp and the Church

Bronze - More about General Zakaria.

Silver - More about Lan Aldorian.

Gold - More about the Hall of Archives.

Interlude the Third

Iron - Some of the history of the Church

Bronze - Miro's journey to Domain Carolus.

Silver - Barsetba's journey into the night to send a message

Gold - More about the Hall of Archives.

Interlude the Fourth

Iron - Galen Sharp and Abbot Gude after their escape from Eagles Rock.

Bronze - Miro's journey continues.

Silver - Our first look at Hippolito after Eagles Rock

Gold - Gruner Platz. Also the lead in to Book 2's first chapter.

Interlude the Fifth

Iron - More on Hippolito.

Bronze - Miro and the Duets at Wrenstatton.

Silver - Seth's journey home to Taldor Valoren.

Gold - The collection of de Valen DNA.

Interlude the Sixth

Iron - More about Hippolito

Bronze - Our first look at who Charles is.

Silver - Some background on Renaud.

Gold - The collection of Agramon DNA.

Interlude the Seventh

Iron - Loka's escape and going into stasis.

Bronze - Larrus and Taldor Valoren.

Silver - Still to come.

Gold - Still to come.

OK, yes, that gives us a little more perspective, I think. It occurs to me that the 'glowing rod' must have been the key that triggered the resurrection sequences on the stasis units, or more correctly, some of the stasis units, those of key players like Loran, Niklas, Jamie, Charles, Cody, etc and Charlie. The Throne army, the Icarian council, the Gladiators and the Wizards own were not triggered of course.

What triggered resurrection has been debated before, now we know, maybe. But this just adds yet another level of mystery, of course.

That certainly is a possibility for the rod to do that. It would still point to it being some kind of triggering device. But is it the key to why units started activating after 2500 years instead of the original 100 years? Or do we stick to the theory that someone reset the units?

That certainly is a possibility for the rod to do that. It would still point to it being some kind of triggering device. But is it the key to why units started activating after 2500 years instead of the original 100 years? Or do we stick to the theory that someone reset the units?

A difficult question. Since Charlie's unit was also activated we must surmise that the key was programmed by the Kalorian shadow empire under instruction from Castor, outside of Jamie, Reneau(?) and Niklas only Kalorians knew of its existence. Why 2,400 years late is one of those irritating questions the answer to which would also answer many of the other outstanding questions, like how the barrier switched from Taldor Valen to cover half of Altinestra. There are three main possibilities; the Kalorians decided 100 years was too little and changed it without telling anyone, maybe after everyone was already in stasis; they did wake up after 100 years, didn't like what they saw and went back, most unlikely or Jamie somehow and some when used his time-turning abilities to change everything; it was the Farzetti.

Other mysteries are how did Loran, Matthew and Lance get into stasis in the first place? Loran was not a supporter of the revolution and should have been denied a place, M & L were unknown Icarians, part of someone else's plot.

Matthew and Lancelot were at the palace, along with the rest of the Princes and Scribes, for Enrick's private birthday celebration. That's was our first mention, by The Trio, of Lancelot.

When you stop and think about it, Hippolito was not for the revolution either. He was to go with Loka to the moon to be put into stasis. And you see where THAT got him. He wound up appealing to the Red and Black and secured himself a spot.

When it comes to Charlies unit, I think it was Jamies intent all along to revive Charlie. No timer was set. Charlies unit was slowly starting to malfunction and had it taken Jamie any longer to get there, I fear Charlie wouldn't have made it.

When it finally comes to the Farzetti, we will start finding out more about them, but not until sometime in Book 3.

You've also brought some questions back to the forefront that I've been trying to steer people towards.

Matthew and Lancelot may have been at the party, I don't remember that, but they were not 'official' Icarians, or so we can deduce from Charles' failure to recognise them. As such they probably would not have been on the Kalorian list as I see it.

I don't agree that Charlie's stasis unit was not activated at the same time as the others and by the same presumed signal. I haven't re-read it but I am pretty sure the problem was simply inadequate power reserves when the resurrection sequence was initiated that stopped it from completing. For it to have been independent and just coincidentally going wrong at the same time Jamie was awakened after 2,500 years is just, well ... too much of a coincidence (or too contrived) for me :lol:

I look forward to Book three, much history is still to be revealed, never mind the ongoing saga.

Jamie never met Matthew and Lancelot. We found out about them when Jamie and the Trio were back in their suite. Matthew and Lance were attached to the palace guard.

After Jamie completed his part of the agreement in saving the Kalorian's greatest treasure, they went into action to save as many of the Icarian's that they could. I took that to include any, not just the nobility.

Archived