The Talon House

The Kandric Saga

Rate this topic

pietro

This story was commenced several years ago and was updated about a year ago with two additional chapters taking it up to 22.

There was a two year gap between updates and I had hoped that the author was going to complete it.

I thought that this was a very well written piece, although some of the content is definitely politically incorrect in this time, with a good plot and characterisation, very well paced in the main and definitely one to hold the attention. Well enough in fact for me to still be ocaissionally looking for updates.

Does anyone else remember this?

More importantly, does anyone know if there is any hope for it to continue? :mellow:

• 1 month later...
This story was commenced several years ago and was updated about a year ago with two additional chapters taking it up to 22.

There was a two year gap between updates and I had hoped that the author was going to complete it.

I thought that this was a very well written piece, although some of the content is definitely politically incorrect in this time, with a good plot and characterisation, very well paced in the main and definitely one to hold the attention. Well enough in fact for me to still be ocaissionally looking for updates.

Does anyone else remember this?

More importantly, does anyone know if there is any hope for it to continue? :mellow:

I e-mailed Myr, an aquaintance of Kyle's, who said that he should be posting another chapter in the next 6 months to a year. A long time to wait, I know, but, what can you do. He said that Kyle is having some real life difficulties.

Actually it I'm not having any serious trouble. I am just thying to make ends meet by working my butt off.

Kandric 23 is about 1/2 done, but more work on it will have to wait until winter when things calm down a bit.

I do have other partual stories: nothing as graphic, but featuring kids as main characters. I have not posted them anywherfe yet, but would love to have a few test read what I have to see is where I am going makes for a good plot.

Kyle

Kyle,

I love this story I am so glad it will continue. I keep rereading it when I get the chance. I think your an excellent writer. Keep up the good work. I have been keeping an eye out for you to post something so I could tell you all this. I hope to talk to you again soon.

PB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My e-mail of KyleAarons at hotmail is a way to get ahold of me even when I am very busy. I check it at least once a week

Would anyone know where to get a hold of the kandric saga nowadays? The website Kandric.com, albeit fresh, is still under construction...

Thanks,

quartzie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Greetings All,

The Kandric Saga continues!!! I have just recently been asked by Kyle to edit his newest chapter, 25, and I hope it will be out in a month or so. He has run up against some writers block and I am hoping to help him past it. Of course, I had to do the required reading which took me about 2 weeks to do but the story is awesome!!! Kyle was explaining some of the plot to me and the twists that are involved and it takes him quite a bit of time to get the chapters written due to the complexity of the story, but by no means is it even near completion. He does have a master plan for this story but getting it written is evidently quite an undertaking. If I can help in anyway answer any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Oh, I hope Talon Rider does not mind me doing this, but Kyle has two more stories under way of which I am getting the pleasure of editing for him located at this site. http://www.castleroland.net/

They are really good and he only has 3 chapters on each posted but a slew more written. You may find these as interesting as Kandric.

Have fun reading!!!

Boxerdude!!!

I'm currently working with an author who is doing a fanfic version of this story, with Kyles permission. I won't say who that author is since it has not appeared online yet.

• 11 months later...

I'm currently working with an author who is doing a fanfic version of this story, with Kyles permission. I won't say who that author is since it has not appeared online yet.

I take it since a year has gone by this never came to fruition. Pity really, the world of Kandric is a very interesting construct.

P

• 1 year later...

I take it since 2 years have now gone by we are not likely ever to see it, pity.

I seem to remember there was a short story set in the Kandric world at one time - I can't recall the name - it wasn't by Kyle and was never continued although I think there was intention to do so - but it was quite good.

I see this thread has had over 4,000 views, getting on for 7,000 if you take the sister thread thread into account as well (or should I have said brother thread?). Just shows how much interest there is in it, I suppose, far more than the comments would suggest. :)

The author that I was refering to has been quite busy with work and his own site. He works second shift so that doesn't give him much time to write. His company also offered to send him back to school to pick up another degree and he jumped at the opportunity.

As for the other story, I think you might mean The Chronicles of Kadin hosted at Codey's World. The author, Rick Stevens, is also a member of The House.

As for the other story, I think you might mean The Chronicles of Kadin hosted at Codey's World. The author, Rick Stevens, is also a member of The House.

No, this was a short story set, I believe, in Junsac. The Chronicles of Kadin is a good story but it isn't true to the Kandric world, more an alternate or time transposed version as I see it. It started perhaps too close to Kandric but it was quickly evident that it wasn't set in that world. Another story unlikely to see completion I'm afraid.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And January :(

Kyle has always said he has to be 'in the mood' to write Kandric, not surprising given how violently fantastical it is. Presumably he has not found the mood and now that he has a new playground to boot, Revolutions, we may not see anything for quite a while. I have not read any of the Revolution stories as yet, if nothing else the Clan Short and Destiny universes has shown that collaborative, interlaced writing of this kind is generally excruciatingly slow and bits tend to fall off, so I will wait a while to see if it prospers or not.

Of course, for authors, such collaborations can be be extremely satisfying and helpful, even giving new life to dying stories, but not so much for the reader. I should point out that I am prejudiced because my favourite CSU story, Sentenced to Life, did indeed die (and, yes, I know that it was only kept alive as long as it was because it was part of the collaboration :)) and my two second favourites, Frontier and A New Door Opens seem to have wilted.

Interlacing stories can even cause problems for single authors. My two second favourite Kyle stories Brile and McConnell's Grenadiers have died as a result, temporal inconsistency apparently although I can't say I noticed anything amiss, but at least in this case there is hope for a resurrection, although possibly a very faint hope.

• 7 months later...

Hey all,

Well i stumbled upon this forum by doing a goggle search for Kandric. Mainly out of curiousity.

I too am a major fan of the Kandric Saga, which is why i roped Kyle Aarons into writing in the Revolutions Universe. Yes it is a massive colaberation, but i am pretty happy with the amount of material we have been able to put out so far, and quality material, in my humble opinion. However, this thread is not meant to talk about the RU, but Kandric.

at this time, all i am permitted to say is that there will indeed be a Kandric chapter this year. Kyle needs to wait for his real life to calm down some, before he can put forth the sort of effort that Kandric requires. SO it will probably be a few months before he can finish writing the chapter, and get it read for post.

ON another note, I have it from some very good sourses that this years chapter will be coupled with another surprise for the readers. What that is, i can not say, under pain of death. But we all hope it will be something to thank all of the faithful readers.

Anyways, i will try to keep everyone posted on the progress of the new chapter, and try and give you all an idea of when it will be posted.

• 1 month later...

WELLLLLLL.....

How to put this nicely.

No... the surprise is NOT going to happen in 2013. however, it should be about the middle of january. The next chapter of Kandric is in the process of being written as we speak.

also, i take back what i said in the last post. there's not one surprise, but 2.. one of which will certainly accompany the next Kandric chapter, the other. well we are working on it.

With that being said, if there is anyone that would like to be 'in on the secrets' and are willing to assits with certain things, we could certianly use the help. feel free to email me at roland.stories@gmail.com. i will explain more after someone contacts me.

but, bottom line is. by the middle of Jan, maybe late middle, there will be a few new things for those of us that Love Kandric.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...