The Talon House

Resolutions for your Love Life

TalonRider

New Year's Resolutions. It's that time of the year again, where we once again try to shore up our lives and strive towards improvement.

Where each and every one of us promises to stop annoying habits or start new regimens, thoughts, or programs to help us to become better individuals. We all say that we’ll stop or start them, some of us even follow through - to some extent anyway. How many of you actually continued the whole entire resolution throughout the whole following year? Right. I say be optimistic. Look towards the future, not at your past. Focus on what accomplishments you can make, not the failures you left behind in the last year. Make the new year a clean slate!

Here are just a few resolutions I scraped together to help you in your goal of finding or keeping a great relationship!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I will try to fix up my single friends. With some of us, it’s easy to find dates, but for others, maybe a little help might be appreciated. I always try to fix up any new woman I meet with the multitudes of fabulous single guys I know. Hey, sometimes it works out. It’s good Karma, in any case. (see number 3, below).

2. I will get out more. The chances are higher of meeting someone interesting when you expand your social horizons. Classes, volunteer work, asking friends for help... the more effort you put out, the better your chances. Go out into the world and be seen!

3. I will have more dinner parties. This is a great way to meet people. You can take turns with a small group, each hosting a dinner party at yours or their place every week or so, with the rule that at least one or two single outsiders are invited to the dinner every time.

4. I will work on eliminating my own annoying habits. Nobody is perfect, especially moi. For example: I tend to interrupt people mid sentence, it drives them crazy, and I hate doing it. I really need to focus on becoming a better listener.

5. I will refuse to put up with flaky behavior. If someone doesn’t call when they promised to call, or they keep canceling date after date, then move on. These resolutions are about creating a better love life, and if that means cleaning house, then so be it.

6. I will work on getting in shape. We all wish for optimum health and body image, but it isn’t easy finding the time and motivation. If you have someone in your life right now, you could work out together.

7. I will create more quality time with my partner. Wednesday evening could be movie night. Turn chores into a fun event. Pick something you both enjoy doing together and relish your time together.

8. I will share more sunsets, country walks and candlelight with my lover. Think back to the days when life was more simple, before electricity or television. The simplest things were a comfort, like reading a book by firelight or cooking from scratch.

9. I will put aside three dollars every week, and at the end of the year, take my sweetheart out for a fabulous dinner/evening on the town! (If you smoke, and you quit, and follow this advice, change that fabulous dinner into a trip to Club Med...)

10. I will not settle for less than I deserve. This needs no explanation. Stick to it, and your chances for happiness will expand greatly.

From Date.Info - The Webzine of Date.com