The Talon House

AN OLD BOAT

movieguy

AN OLD BOAT

Twin brothers were named Joe and John Jones. The single brother was the disgruntled owner of a dilapidated old boat. It happened that John's wife died the same week that Joe's boat finally sank. Shortly thereafter, the kindly old widow Smith met Joe on the street and mistaking him for John, she said, "Oh Mr. Jones, I am so sorry to hear about your great loss. You must feel terrible."

Joe responded saying, "Well, I'm not the least bit sorry, she was a rotten old thing from the very beginning. Her bottom was all shriveled up and she smelt like a dead fish. Hell, even the first time I got into her she made water faster than anything I had ever seen. She had a bad crack in the back and a pretty big hole in the front. The hole got bigger every time I used her and she leaked like anything. But do you know what finished her off? Four guys from the other side of town were looking for a good time. They asked if I would rent her to them. I warned them that she wasn't so hot, but they said they would take a crack at her anyway. The result was that the crazy fools all tried to to get into her at one time and it was just too much for her. She cracked right down the middle!"

Widow Smith fainted dead away.