The Talon House

Personal Best

TalonRider

I broke a personal record today. I managed to squeeze in 8 rides on The Talon. Could have been 10, but the park started getting busy. Hit Yourself!

This is better than last Sunday. The park was busy from the time they opened the gates. I only managed 2 rides in 40 minutes. Idontknow

7_2_111[1].gif

• 2 weeks later...

WOW. We have such an amusement park nearby over here as well. If you'd like to have a look go to the Heide Park Soltau website. There is an English section somewhere (click on the British flag).

"Collossos" is the biggest, highest or whatever (do not remember right now) - entirely made of wood - roller coaster in the world.

By the way, isn't that "funny": Disabled people get a discount, wheel chair users get a free ticket... but are not allowed to ride any coaster... Same over there? :huh:

Sorry Phil, I got to argue the stats with you. Paramounts Kings Island is home to two world record breaking coasters. The Beast, worlds longest, and Son Of Beast, worlds tallest and fastest coaster. Both made of wood.

Also the links below are to two of Paramounts parks. At these links, you can see the stats and some videos of some of the coasters I have ridden.

Paramounts Kings Island http://www.pki.com/

Paramounts Kings Dominon http://www.pkd4fun.com/

Also, if anyone is interested, use this like to get to other parks around the world, http://aceONline.org Scroll to the bottom of the home page and click LINKS.

Okay, you won, Jan. 1-0 to you. ;)

It's just something I had on my mind yesterday I saw a few years ago on TV when that "Collossos" thing was finished. They were definitely talking about any new record... I don't even remember what kind of maybe it was the highest above earth or something? Or was it just meant as "in Europe" and not worldwide? Idontknow

But we do hve the world's super bestest Formula One race driver... Or do you remember any US citizen who has won 7 world championships so far? Tongue Out

And here's the ultimate test: Can you name him? ;)

A couple of things I forgot to mention. 1. The Beast has held the record for the worlds longest wood coaster since it opened in 1979, of which they are celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. Check out my avatar.

Second, I forgot to answer a question you asked. In this country, the disabled are allowed to ride the coasters. The parks even provide special access for them so that they don't have to go through the normal line. So Phil, if you ever come to visit hug[1].gif , or what ever :blink: , YOU will be going to the park with me. :rolleyes:

Don't have an answer for the other question you had yet.

Jan

7_2_111[1].gif

Are you trying to tell me you do not know who Michael Schumacher is? Face Splat

BTW: You can replace that "if" by "when" in your post. Definitely! :D

... just not this year I guess. On Aug. 9 I got notified the US National Visa Center did not pick me during the annual green card lottery this year (DV-2005). Damn Damn

But don't worry since I already applied for this year (DV-2006). laughing-smiley

To you all, please keep your fingers crossed on this.

Spanking Ok, Phil, I have an answer for you on why some of the welcome posts disappeared. They actually didn't. In any of the forums when you open them, if you scroll to the bottom, you will find a series of 3 drop down windows. Simply change the number of days from 30 to 60, click GO and you should see all the threads for that section for the past 60 days. Since there has been nothing added to those recently, they don't appear in the menu.

yessmiley[1].gif

Jan

p.s., Hey Pat, hows this for the first successful hi-jacking of a thread? sediata

I need to reply to quite a few of your posts:

First of all, I am not entirely sure if it is true that wheel chair users are not allowed to ride any coaster in our local amusement park (BTW: Did you have a look at the Heide Park Soltau Website? What do you think of it?). It's just an experience I made when our class went there 7 or 8 years ago I think (I haven't been there since then):

You can find the rates at this website as a matter of fact (BTW: How much is such a ticket over there? 7 or 8 years ago a daytime ticket was about $19 I guess... But that was before our currency changed from DM into Euro and ever since then almost EVERYthing has become more expensive.):

The disabled get a discount, wheel chair users get a free ticket and if this person has a certain note written down in his "disability card" that he needs so called "non-stop attendance" (true in my case, well only on that paper ;) ) the accompanist gets a free ticket as well.

The question is: Do wheel chair user get a free ticket because they are not able to ride any coaster (and cause costs)? I am not sure at all. Everything I wrote about this is just based on an observation I made those 8 years ago:

I decided to use my wheel chair instead of my walker and got a free ticket but when I wanted to ride a coaster (even telling them I don't need any assistance) they said "No, for safety sake. We can't / don't want to take this resoonsibility."

Idontknow

Second, actually this is a nice feature that posts can be "faded out" without disappearing. I just should have had a closer look (sorry for bothering you with this, Jan. ;) ) I just was afraid the posts were completely and physically deleted.

Third, I thought you were familiar with fomular one racing as well since you told me you like nascar racing (not common over here and honestly, I DO prefer Formular One racing if I get around to watch a race). Since 2000 I guess they even take out a F1-Grand Prix every year in Indianapolis (again).

This weekend, Schumacher placed second best in Spa/Belgium and since he's already gotten so many points - he won every race this season except for just two so far - it's impossible for others to catch up on him, and there are still 3 Grand Prix (or 4 or 5?) left till the end of this season. Even CNN reported on its website about this. Of course, Ferrari (the "company" he drives for) also won the constructor's championship, that already happened two or three races ago I guess (due to the same reason I mentioned above).

Forth, thanks for keeping your fingers crossed on my "plans". We will have to talk on our own about this (some things I need to talk about with you).

Phil

I need to reply to quite a few of your posts:

First of all, I am not entirely sure if it is true that wheel chair users are not allowed to ride any coaster in our local amusement park (BTW: Did you have a look at the Heide Park Soltau Website? What do you think of it?). It's just an experience I made when our class went there 7 or 8 years ago I think (I haven't been there since then):

You can find the rates at this website as a matter of fact (BTW: How much is such a ticket over there? 7 or 8 years ago a daytime ticket was about $19 I guess... But that was before our currency changed from DM into Euro and ever since then almost EVERYthing has become more expensive.):

The disabled get a discount, wheel chair users get a free ticket and if this person has a certain note written down in his "disability card" that he needs so called "non-stop attendance" (true in my case, well only on that paper ;) ) the accompanist gets a free ticket as well.

The question is: Do wheel chair user get a free ticket because they are not able to ride any coaster (and cause costs)? I am not sure at all. Everything I wrote about this is just based on an observation I made those 8 years ago:

I decided to use my wheel chair instead of my walker and got a free ticket but when I wanted to ride a coaster (even telling them I don't need any assistance) they said "No, for safety sake. We can't / don't want to take this resoonsibility."

Idontknow

Second, actually this is a nice feature that posts can be "faded out" without disappearing. I just should have had a closer look (sorry for bothering you with this, Jan. ;) ) I just was afraid the posts were completely and physically deleted.

Third, I thought you were familiar with fomular one racing as well since you told me you like nascar racing (not common over here and honestly, I DO prefer Formular One racing if I get around to watch a race). Since 2000 I guess they even take out a F1-Grand Prix every year in Indianapolis (again).

This weekend, Schumacher placed second best in Spa/Belgium and since he's already gotten so many points - he won every race this season except for just two so far - it's impossible for others to catch up on him, and there are still 3 Grand Prix (or 4 or 5?) left till the end of this season. Even CNN reported on its website about this. Of course, Ferrari (the "company" he drives for) also won the constructor's championship, that already happened two or three races ago I guess (due to the same reason I mentioned above).

Forth, thanks for keeping your fingers crossed on my "plans". We will have to talk on our own about this (some things I need to talk about with you).

Phil

I think most parks here, everyone must purchase a ticket, or season pass, to enter the park. I think also, persons with disabilities are to report to Guest Relations before entering the park. If necessary, a park employee will accompany them around the park. I have seen this done at Dorney Park and Wild Water Kingdom. As I stated before, at Dorney, these guest can use the exit ramp to access the ride. For the coasters that have a high station platform, Dorney had provided elevators to make getting up to the loading platform easier.

As for Heide Park, I could not find the flag to use to translate it. I did however, view the video for the coaster.

Ticket prices vary from the time of year, cheaper in the spring and fall, age and height for the 'little one's' and a senior discount for those 55 and over, depending on the park.

This was not a problem. It was something that even I didn't know until I went searching for them. Now we all know. So I should be thanking YOU for bringing it to my attention.

I am familiar with F1 racing. I do watch it from time to time if I can't find anything else. With the Speed Channel, there's a variety of races on including F1, Indy, Road Rally, Motorcycle and the Nascar Truck races.

Indianapolis, within the last 5 years, re-did the track to accommodate F1 racing. So now instead of the track sitting idle 11 months of the year, the now hold 3 races, The Indy 500, The Brick Yard 400, and F1 racing. The rest of the time inbetween, the track is used for tire testing by Tire manufactures (or atleast it used to be).

And as for the fourth one, you're quite welcome. I know what it means to you and I hope someday you make it. EX