The Talon House

Split For Celebrity Couple Lance & Reichen

movieguy

Split For Celebrity Couple Lance & Reichen

by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

Posted: December 4, 2006 3:00 pm ET

(Los Angeles, California) Lance Bass and Reichen Lehmkuhl have broken up, Bass' manager tells People magazine.

Bass came out to People in July saying he'd decided to "speak my mind" because rumors about his sexuality were starting to affect his daily life. At the time he told the magazine that he and Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl had been dating.

Rumors about the two had been circulating for weeks in gossip columns after the two were sighted in Provincetown and West Hollywood together.

Lehmkuhl had been supportive of Bass going public.

"I'm just really proud of Lance and the decision he made," he told People in the summer. "He did it all on his own and I just stood by and supported him. It's just been great."

The two were regularly seen together at functions. In August Bass watched on as Lehmkuhl and others were feted by California Democrats at the legislature for being LGBT role models.

Bass also was on hand for the release of Lehmkuhl's book 'Here's What We'll Say" Growing Up, Coming Out, and the U.S. Air Force Academy.

But by fall cracks were beginning to appear in the relationship.

Over the weekend Bass was spotted without Lehmkuhl at a party at Pure Nightclub in Las Vegas, prompting People to put the question to Bass' manager.

In addition to the book Lehmkuhl is trying to launch a career as an actor. Bass has been working on a sitcom pilot with fellow 'N Sync-er Joey Fatone loosely based on the band. Bass's character will be gay. He also has a role in the upcoming comedy I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

What or who cause the breakup is not known. People has been the publication of choice this year for celebrities wishing to come out.

Neil Patrick Harris and "Grey's Anatomy" actor T.R. Knight both came out in People last month.

©365Gay.com 2006

links

Archived