The Talon House

Awesome Dude

movieguy

• 1 year later...

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "AwesomeDude.Com". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

adforums@awesomedude.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enough is enough!

AD Forums will come down midnight Eastern July 4th. The AD site will remain but will be dedicated to stories although it is -at the moment- open for suggestions.

I feel in the long run this is the best move for maintaining -and hopefully improving- AwesomeDude.com.

Mike (the dude)

AWESOMEDUDE IS BACK!

Despite my extreme frustration about personal attacks and totally unacceptable dialogues... it is obvious that most of you had no idea what was going on.

We had a forum that most of you couldn't see... a private forum called The Green Room where -the idea was- our authors could discuss among themselves on a less formal basis than in the open forums.

This worked well until recently when tempers flared over various interpretations of what one of our authors posted. While this was deeply troubling to me and to our other authors, it was happening in a private - not open to the general public - forum. But the problem started spilling over into the general AwesomeDude Forums.

I then pulled the plug... vowing never to get myself involved in such a time consuming and often distressing position again. But frankly, dear reader, you are blameless in this brouhaha and I deeply apologize for penalizing you in this matter. You should have been treated better than that.

Ironically, most of those participating in the brawl were not penalized in any way - their stories and poems continue to be posted on the main site. How unfair is that?

So instead of abrogating my responsibility or delegating, I am taking my site AND the forums back and will be solely responsible for their content. You'll notice there are no longer any moderators listed. Some have left, some are too busy right now and I have decided -for the time being- to moderate all the forums myself.

Most importantly, I have removed The Green Room private forum and am requiring all communications among our writers, editors and myself take place by email.

I trust, dear reader (and writers), that you will all understand and show respect for your fellow members when using the AwesomeDude Forums. They are here for you.

All the best

dude