The Talon House

Granny, 78, scales building

movieguy

Granny, 78, scales building

A 78-year-old Chinese grandmother scaled the outside of her apartment block after locking herself out of her fifth floor flat.

Nie Sanmei, of Changsha, Hunan province, accidentally locked herself out of her apartment while cleaning, reports Xiaoxiang Morning News.

She ignored neighbours, who urged her to call her daughter-in-law for a copy of her key, and started climbing, using window grills as hand and foot-holds.

However, she got stuck at the fourth floor when she found she could not climb around a wall-mounted air conditioning unit.

Neighbors called the emergency services but Nie did not want to be rescued, telling firefighters: "I'm close to the balcony."

But, when her daughter-in-law arrived with the key, she finally allowed them to tie a rope around her waist and lower her to the ground.

Afterwards, she admitted: "I must have been drunk. I hope others do not follow my example and risk their lives."

www.ananova.com