The Talon House

Fire engine used to collect pizza

movieguy

Fire engine used to collect pizza

A Sydney fire station allegedly missed an emergency call because one of the crew was using the only fire engine to pick up a pizza.

The New South Wales Fire Brigade has launched an inquiry into the incident at Maroubra fire station, reports ABC News.

After picking up his pizza, the fireman allegedly picked up some friends and took them for a ride.

During the time the fire engine was away, the station received an emergency call and was unable to respond.

Assistant Fire Commissioner John Benson insisted there was no risk to the community as two other fire crews responded to the alarm.

"This is extremely rare - I mean I would say that this incident is unheard of in the New South Wales Fire Brigades in regards to utilising fire appliances in an inappropriate manner and as I said it's being thoroughly investigated," he said.

But state opposition emergency services spokesman Andrew Humpherson said: "This is not a humorous matter, this was a fire truck and somebody could have died."

www.ananova.com