The Talon House

Injury claim

movieguy

Injury claim

A farmer who has been involved in a terrible road accident with a large truck ended up in court fighting for a big compensation claim. "I understand your claiming damages for the injuries you supposed to have suffered?" Stated the counsel for the insurance company. "Yes, thats' right," replied the farmer, nodding his head.

"You claim you were injured in the accident, yet I have a signed police statement that says that when the attending police officer asked you how you were feeling, you replied, 'I've never felt better inn my life.' Is that the case?" "Yeah, but..." stammered the farmer. "A simple yes or not will suffice," council interrupted quickly. "Yes," Replied the farmer.

Then it was the turn of the farmer's council to ask him questions. "Please tell the court the exact circumstance of events following the accident when you made your statement of health," his lawyer said. "Certainly," replied the farmer. "After the accident my horse was thrashing around with a broken leg and my poor old dog was howling in pain. This cop comes along, takes one look at my horse and shoots him dead. Then he goes over to my dog, looks at him and shoots him dead too. Then he come straight over to me and asked me how I was feeling. Now, mate, what the hell would you have said to him?"

Archived