The Talon House

Traffic Sign

movieguy

Traffic Sign

A farmer lived on a quiet rural highway. But as time went on, the traffic slowly built up at an alarming rate.

The traffic was so heavy and so fast that his chickens were being run over at a rate of three to six a day. So one day he calls the sheriff's office and says, "You've got to do something about all of these people driving so fast and killing all of my chickens."

"What do you want me to do?" asked the sheriff.

"I don't care, just do something with those drivers."

So the next day he had the county go out and put up a traffic sign that read:

SLOW: SCHOOL CROSSING.

Three days later the farmer calls the sheriff again and says, "You've got to do something with these crazy drivers. The 'School Crossing' sign seems to make them go even faster."

So, again, the sheriff sends out the county and they put up a new sign:

SLOW: CHILDREN AT PLAY.

And that really sped them up. So the farmer continues to call everyday for three weeks.

Finally getting through to the sheriff, the farmer says, "Your signs are doing no good. Is it all right for me to put up my own damned traffic sign?"

The sheriff was so fed up with the whole situation, he tells the farmer, "Hell, yes, put up your own traffic sign." and hopefully you will stop calling me".

Well, the sheriff got no more calls from the farmer. It seemed things finally got back to normal, so the sheriff decided to call the farmer and see how things were going. " So how's the problem with those drivers and your chickens. Did you put up your own traffic sign?"

"Yes sir Sheriff, and not one chicken has been killed since. I'm very busy now sheriff, thanks for the call but I've got to go. And with that, he hung up the phone.

The sheriff thought to himself, "I'd better go to his house and take look at that sign. Something just don't seem right about this whole thing.

So the sheriff drove out to the farmer's house, and he saw the sign. It was a whole sheet of plywood, and written in large yellow letters were the words: SLOW: NUDIST COLONY

Archived