The Talon House

Gay Ex-Hustler Runs For Texas Legislature

movieguy

Gay Ex-Hustler Runs For Texas Legislature

by 365Gay.com Newscenter Staff

February 17, 2006 - 5:00 pm ET

(Dallas, Texas) A Dallas man running for the state legislature has been outed as a former male prostitute.

Tom Malin acknowledged his past when confronted by the Dallas Morning News and said he hoped voters accept that his past is firmly behind him when he runs in the Democratic primary in March.

The News reported in Friday editions that Malin had advertised himself in a gay hustler site as "Todd Sharpe" and showed a "blurry beefcake photo and listing a Dallas phone number."

The paper said the ad showed he was available for work in the New York City and Los Angeles areas. His rates ranged from $200 to $600.

"I've made mistakes in my life, and I've stood before my Creator and I've accepted responsibility for my behavior," Malin told the News when confronted with the ad. "I've also accepted his grace and his redemption and his love and his forgiveness, and that's what important."

The "Todd Sharpe" Web sites are now defunct. The Dallas Morning News said that it found archived versions online after receiving a tip this week.

Today Malin markets electricity, but his resume also includes stints selling Mary Kay cosmetics and serving on the Dallas Citizens Police Review Board.

"I don't regret my past, nor do I wish to shut the door on my past," he told the News. "I think anyone who has made mistakes in their lives can be a viable member of community and society."

Some Democrats are calling for him to quit the campaign but Malin said he is still committed to race.

©365Gay.com 2006

links

Archived