Jump to content
The Talon House

Man burns pal's crotch as a prank


movieguy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Man burns pal's crotch as a prank

By CP

CALGARY -- A Calgary man could go to jail for lighting his co-worker's crotch on fire in a drunken prank that caused burns and scarring to 5% of the man's body. Michael William Cleare, 29, pleaded guilty to criminal negligence causing bodily harm yesterday.

Jeffery Dale Lewis suffered second- and third-degree burns and permanent scarring to his inner thigh and genitals in the June 8, 2003, incident.

After a night of drinking, the two men returned to Cleare's southwest Calgary home.

After Lewis fell asleep on a chair with his legs spread apart, Cleare ran a lighter along the inside of the man's right thigh and crotch.

The intention, according to an agreed statement of facts signed by defence lawyer Bruce Corenblum and entered as an exhibit at Cleare's provincial court appearance yesterday, was for the heat to wake the man up.

Instead, Lewis's pants caught fire. He awoke and rushed to the kitchen where the two men extinguished the flames.

He then went back to sleep until the next morning when Cleare drove him to hospital.

Lewis later underwent surgery, during which skin was grafted to his upper thigh.

canda.ca

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...