The Talon House

Around The Weird: Bizarre News Briefs (Thurs)

movieguy

Around The Weird: Bizarre News Briefs

LONDON (Wireless Flash) -- The phrase, "England swings like a pendulum do," is truer than ever -- especially with sex. According to a survey by Euro RSCG Worldwide, Brits have the loosest sexual morals in the world. Nearly 60 percent say it's normal for a person to have more than 10 or more lovers during their single years. Meanwhile, Chinese people are the most moral: Only 17 percent expect singles to have a list of lovers numbering in double digits.

BERLIN -- The job market is tough in Germany -- just ask the gourmet chef in Berlin who's had to resort to working in a school cafeteria. But Vincenzo Maiuolo says the work isn't all that different from his previous post at a swanky celebrity hot spot. He tells the "Berliner Kurier," "The biggest difference is that students only pay one euro for their food."

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- Canines are fighting the ravages of old age by visiting a Brazilian vet who offers face lifts and Botox injections to animals, starting at around $40 per procedure. Rio-based surgeon Edgard Brito tells "Las Ultimas Noticias," "Beauty is something desirable. We all like to talk to someone who looks good. It is the same for dogs."

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An Olympic TV viewer shattered the previous Guinness World Record for consecutive television watching at Universal Orlando Resort Tuesday evening. Terrye Jackson of Springdale, Maryland, watched 50 hours and seven minutes of non-stop NBC coverage of the Olympics. In Jackson's words: "When they told me I beat the world record I was watching the gymnastics. I wanted to finish watching it."

ncbuy.com