The Talon House

The Chronicles of Kadin

rick

Come on over to Codey's World and check out a story I've been writing titled "The Chronicles of Kadin." Chronicles is a fantasy romp, with Dwarves, Dragons, Elves, and a few twists. We've been staying on a release schedule where a chapter is posted every two weeks, and we now have the prologue, and chapters one through four posted and live for your reading pleasure.

I hope you enjoy reading it, as much as I did writing it!

Thanks once again to Blue for his efforts in making 'Chronicles' a better story for everyone.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you following 'The Chronicles of Kadin', you'll find that chapter five is now available for your reading pleasure at Codeys World.

Blue managed to get it edited and posted for your enjoyment despite the holiday and the fact I forget to send him chapter five until after Thanksgiving.

Chapter twelve was completed last weekend and is out for comment from my loyal beta readers, whose efforts are greatly appreciated. I hope to get chapter thirteen completed this weekend, assuming I don't get interrupted too often. Funny how snowfall is conducive to writing.....

Warm Regards;

Rick

PS I like the Christmas theme on the Forum! Well done!

For fans of The Chronicles of Kadin --

Rick S. had asked me to remove Kadin from Codey's World, and then we had a serious disagreement.

I have offered a public apology to him and have offered to re-post his stories if he wants.

I don't know if Rick S. will re-post the story at Codey's World or elsewhere.

Please let him make that decision without pressuring him as fans. It's his right to choose where or if he wants anything online.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For those of you following Chronicles and wondering why it hasn't been continued, life came along and interrupted my writing for better than a year. When I finally managed to get back to writing, my editor had a serious disagreement with the Codeysworld team and has stopped editing Chronicles, and hasn't posted anything to Codeysworld since very early this year. If I ever find a new editor/web content formatter, things may resume as I've managed to complete a couple of new chapters, but it's anyone's guess when that might happen.

Sorry;

Rick

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Update:

Azy over at CW has graciously offerred to edit for the time being, so we may see chapter eight of volume two up in the not too distant future.

Thanks Azy!

Rick

Well, Chronicles of Kadin seems to be at Codysworld at the moment. There is now three volumes of it. Desperate for sci/fi/fantasy fiction while waiting for new chapters of TSOI, I am reading Chronicles of Kadin with just as much pleasure as TSOI. Thanks for a great story!

cheers,

dioscuri

This was quite a good fantasy story, but nothing has appeared since vol.2 ch.8. The author did say he had several chapters available following that but perhaps real life has upset his applecart again.

I know many people won't read a story until it is complete to save the disappointment if, or in many cases, when it suddenly stops. It is certainly understandable to react that way, especially when only a minority of authors bother to post that they are falling behind or won't be able to post anything for a while, or post a sit-rep when they are in hiatus. Personally I occupy a sort of halfway house, if there is a long, unexplained gap I no longer read the story if posting resumes until I am confident the posts have re-established some regularity. The alternative is to keep re-reading what has gone before, but I found that often made the story 'stale' and I lost interest that way.

There are some exceptions, of course, for really excellent stories like the scrolls and kandric I take whatever I can get, when I can get it. Although I sometimes wonder if I'll actually live to read the last instalment. :P

Even more sadly I know several authors who seem rarely if ever to finish a story, presumably they get bored with what they are writing and start something new, then get bored .... get bored .... you know what I mean, I'm sure.

I dislike collaborative and participatory stories as well, they always resolve to the slowest contributor with updates every three or four months if you are lucky. No doubt such writing is very satisfactory to the authors, but it is very off-putting for the reader.

Still, the writers are not 'professionals' and we readers don't have to pay for our pleasure so we shouldn't complain, but that doesn't mean our disappointment has no value either.

Archived